Red Velvet Sexy Smoothie
Creating a smoothie for Valentine's Day was kind of a no-brainer really, I mean just about everyone loves Red Velvet anything so to enjoy a delicious and decadent smoothie with "benefits" (if ya know what I mean?;)
Not only is this Red Velvet sexy smoothie nutritious but has the potential to get you "in the mood" and that is because of the secret ingredients and we will get to those soon...
Making this yourself is simple as long as you have a good blender and all the right ingredients... without even 1 of these ingredients, I'm afraid it will fall short and not "perform" (pun intended).
So be sure to follow the recipe to the letter and watch the magic unfold...
Before we get to the recipe I'd like to talk briefly about the chosen ingredients and what makes them so sexy, because they all have their place in this smoothie and their part to play!
- Beetroot: known to improve sexual health by boosting libido
- Cashews: another food known to boost sex drive naturally (cashews are loaded with zinc and this mineral is vital for testosterone is needed for sex drive in a man and for a woman, testosterone drives sexual desire, fantasy, being sensitive to sexual touch and even orgasm!
- Raspberries: eating raspberries enhances fertility and improves sexual health, PLUS they are also a natural aphrodisiac. So next time you're getting yourself and your partner in the mood, add some raspberries to that bowl of strawberries!
- Strawberries: this humble berry can help boost circulation and sexual functioning. Strawberries contain zinc and iron (2 vital minerals needed for testosterone production). It is now easy to see why strawberries are popular as a dessert before sex (and dip them in chocolate and well that is next level baby! ;)
- Cacao: raw cacao (the healthy, less-processed version of cocoa) contains phenylethylamine (a pleasure-boosting substance that helps to promote feelings of love). It also contains tryptophan (an amino acid that helps encourage relaxation and reduce feelings of sadness and depression).
- Vanilla Bean: vanilla is another natural aphrodisiac and it tastes incredible!
- Cinnamon: this sexy spice can help with improving libido and just smelling it can actually help soothe one's nerves and like many of the other ingredients in this smoothie, it is also a natural aphrodisiac.
- Collagen (hydrolyzed): if you desire love-making sessions that last longer than a few minutes then Hydrolyzed Collagen powder may be your missing link? It contains collagen peptides that can help improve physical performance! It's a great source of easily digestible protein too and has a list of other potential health benefits a mile long!
- Cordyceps: this powerful medicinal mushroom (technically a parasitic fungus) has been used for thousands of years in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Cordyceps is starting to gain massive popularity due to it's incredible potent-ial health benefits that include improving sexual health in all areas (erectile dysfunction, low libido, sexual dysfunction in women, increasing circulation needed for increasing sexual sensation thus making sex more pleasurable).
- MCT oil: MCT oil stands for medium chain triglycerides and due to being easily absorbed it can really give a quick energy boost but without the energy crash you'd get from refined sugar or simple carbs. Remember... good sex needs great energy!
- Figs: this gorgeous fruit has a history of boosting fertility and again, they are a natural aphrodisiac. Don't you think they're sexy looking fruit or is that just me? Maybe I am weird but just looking at a freshly cut fig gets me thinking improper thoughts. He he!
Ok so now you are clued up on how gosh darn good these ingredients are for helping between the sheets, can you imagine the possibilities when they are all combined into one delicious drink? OMG! or should I say "YES, YES, YES!"
So be sure to write a list of what you need to make these babies and get your motor running this Valentine's day.
Red Velvet Sexy Smoothie
- 1 large beetroot for juicing
- 2 cups dairy-free milk (I use a blend of almond/coconut)
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- Handful of frozen raspberries & Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Real maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp Raw cacao
- 2 tsp Perfect Organic MCT oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 2 scoops Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen Powder
- 4 Capsules of Perfect Organic Cordyceps (ESSENTIAL)
- Fresh figs to serve
1. Soak your cashew overnight in filtered water
2. Juice your large beetroot
3. Add 2 cups of chosen milk to the blender jug
4. Add the beetroot juice
5. Rinse and strain the cashews and add to the jug
6. Add in your berries
7. Add in Maple syrup, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Collagen & MCT oil
Pull the Cordyceps capsules apart and tip the powder into jug
8. Add ice if desired and blend until smooth
9. Serve with fresh figs and a little more cinnamon
I really hope you enjoyed this informative blog recipe today but more importantly... you make and enJOY this deliciously sexy concoction of sexual goodness!
Let me know what you thought in the comments below and even better, let me know if you made it and what you thought of it, I LOVE hearing from you!
We have this entire video on our YouTube channel too which is kind of fun to watch but it does not go into depth about the benefits of the ingredients.