Green Coffee Bean for Weight Loss
Green coffee bean is being hailed as the new weight loss fad that can help you lose the extra pounds without the need for exercise or diet. Though this may sound a bit of a cliche, green coffee bean is clearly in demand both online and in the market nowadays.
After being mentioned in the Dr. Oz’ show, it scored high in popularity and soon became the latest craze for losing weight. It was dubbed as a “miracle pill”, one that can burn fat quickly than you could ever imagine.
There were doubts about the effects of green coffee bean, however scientific studies can back up this claim.
Multiple studies on green coffee bean can prove the positive effects of the chlorogenic acid on the human body’s metabolism. The most popular one was published in 2013, “Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy”.
This study used human subjects who consumed a high dose of 1050 mg green coffee bean extract supplement for two weeks and a low dose of 700 mg green coffee bean extract supplements for two weeks and a placebo for another two weeks.
It resulted in a decrease in body weight, body mass index and body fat percent. It was reported that during the experiment there were no changes to the diet or exercise of the subjects and has proven the positive weight loss effect of green coffee bean extract.
Chlorogenic acid is known to help with weight loss and has been demonstrated to reduce fat accumulation in the liver, thus reducing blood lipid levels. It has been shown in many studies to reduce fat deposition and help with weight management.
Coffee Bean Extract also have a good effect on the following:
- Helps balance the blood sugar levels by preventing unnecessary fat from being stored within the body.
- It can boost the metabolism incredibly. Green coffee extract burns fat faster without the need to go to the gym, it can do the fat-burning you.
- It can also reduce your craving for sugar.
- In the journal “Psychopharmacology” published in 2012. It suggested that caffeine enhanced with chlorogenic can positively affect the mood and cognition of older people.
Choosing a Green Coffee Bean Supplement
Green coffee bean extracts are unroasted coffee beans which are high in antioxidants such as polyphenols and best results can be seen when consumed on a regular basis. Supplements are the best way to have an easy access of the green coffee bean.
When we talk about supplements, it is best to research a natural type of supplement, that is non-synthetic for optimal effectiveness and bioavailability.
There are so many on the market that are sold cheaply but are inferior in quality. I’m talking about products which contains fillers and chemical ingredients that are harmful to the body.
The best green coffee must have the following qualifications:
- Read the labels carefully and make sure it is purely made green coffee beans. That means there are no additional ingredients, no fillers and no binders. The only ingredient listed must be 100% green coffee bean extract.
- Chlorogenic Acid is a natural antioxidant found in green coffee beans that provides a number of health benefits to the body. According to the experts, the recommended chlorogenic acid levels in a green coffee bean extract is 40%-50%. 50% is better.
- A testing lab must be able to verify that the chlorogenic level and its purity meets the criteria for the green coffee bean extract to be considered as LAB VERIFIED.
*Disclaimer: the information in this article is intended purely as information and not health advice. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure and one should always seek expert advice from their trusted health practitioner.