'Tis the season to be jolly fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la! 🎅🏻
And what better way to celebrate the festive season than kicking it old school with some delicious egg nog? But not just any old sugar-laden egg nog that gives you a regretful hangover. Heck to the no! Try my gut-healing healthy egg nog and see how much better you can feel.
This egg nog is created to nourish and flourish and contains zero alcohol (you're more than welcome to adapt this if you'd like to add some?) and it also contains no dairy, refined sugar or gluten.
This is the egg nog you always dreamed of! You're welcome 😉
So be sure to give it a try if you love egg nog and feeling amazing.
- Organic eggs x 6 (we use the yolk)
- 3 cups of chosen alternative milk (I used cashew but almond, coconut or rice would work)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste/powder/extract or essence
- Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen 2 scoops
- 2 scoops of Perfect Magnesium Powder
- Separate your eggs (save the egg whites for my gut-healing cherry & coconut trifle or make an egg white omelette?)
- In a small saucepan add your chosen milk, maple syrup and egg yolks and heat on the stove gentle until it reaches about 70c (or until coats the back of a spoon)
- Once it has reached this temp. take off the heat and add your spices and vanilla and whisk well
- Add in the gut-healing component (the Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen powder) and incorporate well. It should dissolve fairly easily.
- Pour this mixture into a glass jar or something glass and pop into the fridge to chill overnight.
- Take out and pour into your favourite glass and enjoy chilled.