This year my weight has been so up and down and maybe it has something to do with being peri-menopausal? (I found this a shock when I found out as I am only 39 but apparently it can come on earlier when you have a lot of stress in your life)
Running a business can be very stressful at times and on top of life itself, I am not at all surprised I'm in this phase early!
So, with some noticed changes to my body, I am looking at keto diet again but I'm not going full-hog (at this stage anyway) I like to say I am keto-ish.
If you're into keto, I will do my best to post more keto recipes and I also like to add other things to my keto recipes to make them even more beneficial (like adding collagen for gut health, skin health and more and MCT, coconut oil, Matchinga and more!)
So if you are on keto and you have given up bread, I am here to give you the best news of your life...
You can eat bread again! You can eat keto bread.
This bread is so delicious and you'll probably like it even more than regular bread, as it's gluten-free, contains no nasties, is high in protein, amino acids, healthy fats, fibre and nutrition!
I've played around with a few recipes and will certainly share more as the time goes on but as far as keto bread recipes go, this one is a winner!
Now enough faffing about, let's get to the recipe...
Best Ever Delicious Keto Bread (gut-loving)
- 7 large free-range or organic eggs
- 3 scoops Perfect Hydrolyzed collagen
- 2 tbsp Perfect Coconut oil
- 100g grass-fed butter
- 2 cups almond meal (insecticide-free if possible)*
- 1 tsp baking powder (aluminium-free)*
- Pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp chia meal or psyllium husk powder*
- Crushed nuts and pumpkin seeds to top
*You can often find these in health food shop or online
- Preheat your oven to 180c
- Crack your eggs into a large bowl and using a hand beater, beat the eggs for 2 minutes (this is important so don't cheat yourself!)
- Melt the butter and coconut oil and then set aside
- In a separate bowl add the dry ingredients and combine well
- Add these dry ingredients to the egg mixture and using a wooden spoon stir well then add in the melted butter and coconut oil then stir again until well-combined
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and then pour in the mixture
- Top with nuts and seeds and pop into the oven for 45 minutes
- Take out and pop onto a cooling rack
- Slice up and enjoy with any of your favourite spreads or toppings!
- Vegemite and butter
- Just butter alone (omg)
- Cheese and tomato
- Scrambled or poached eggs
- Avocado and goat cheese
- Avocado, chilli flakes, salt and lemon juice
- Baked beans (especially homemade ones)
- Sardines, cucumber and alfalfa
- Banana, cinnamon and honey
- Peanut butter & jam
- Peanut butter alone (yummo)
- Healthy homemade nutella