For the vegetable lovers out there, this soup is choc-full of fibre and goodness that tastes absolutely delicious. It's light, yet hearty.
We hope you enjoy.
Spring Veggie Soup
- 5-6 cups of filtered water
- 1/2 a cauliflower
- 1 brown onion
- 1 Choko diced
- 2 large carrots
- A handful of peas (if you can tolerate otherwise use zucchini)
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- A handful of flat parsley
- Black pepper
- MCT, Coconut oil or Ghee 1 tbsp
Recommended gut-healing + immune-boosters:
• 4 scoops of Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen
• 4 scoops of Perfect Magnesium
• 2 tbsp Perfect Organic MCT oil
1. In a large pot on medium-high, add a little fat and sauté the onion until soft
2. Add the diced choko, carrot and cauliflower, water, salt and simmer for 30 min
3. When the veggies are nice and soft but not complete mush, ad the peas ad
simmer for a further couple of minutes then take off the heat
4. If adding any of the chosen boosters be sure to add gradually and stir
continually, you won’t need the hand blender as this is a chunky soup
5. Serve in your favourite bowl with sprigs of parsley and black pepper!
Did you know that the humble choke (that often grew in our gran’s backyard) is
actually a type of squash that’s native to Latin America?
Chokos are nutrient-dense and contain loads of gut-healthy fibre and immuneboosting nutrients such as vitamin C, magnesium and zinc!
So next time you see them in the veggie section at your local supermarket, be sure not to walk past them ever again!