If you adore hearty nourishing soups in the winter but you'd prefer them on the healthy side then today's recipe is for you!
Not only is the recipe gut-healing*
I created this recipe a few years back and have tweaked it until I came up with this version for you. It is absolutely delicious (and nutritious ha ha!) and a great way to sneak extra greens into everyone's diet.
*If you are sensitive to fermented products you may wish to omit the kale powder.
Gut-healing Super Greens Soup
- Broccoli* x 1 head
- Zucchini* x 1
- Fennel* bulb x 1
- Bok choy* 1 bunch
- leek* x 1
- Snow pea sprouts*
- Carrot* x 1 large
- Coriander* small bunch
- Garlic cloves x 2
- Lemons x 1-2
- Yeast-free stock cube x 1
- Water 4 litres
- Himalayan Salt
- Black Pepper
- Perfect Coconut Oil or grass-fed ghee
- Perfect Organic Fermented Kale Powder 1 scoop
- Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen 1 scoop
*Try to use organic ingredients where possible to avoid harmful glyphosate and GMOs
- Wash all of your veggies well and chop up roughly starting with your harder veggies (carrot, broccoli stems and fennel)
- In a large pan, sweat off your leek and garlic in your chosen fat until translucent. Use a medium heat for this as you don't wanna create bitterness.
- Combine the water and stock cube in the pot and then add your hard veggies. Cook this on medium while you get on with juicing your lemon...
- After about 15-20 mins, add your zucchini 3/4 of the head of chopped broccoli. (the reason we do this is because some veggies have different cooking times.)
- In a separate pan I like to steam of the leafy greens to soften them
- Your soup should be on a really light simmer as to not overcook
- Add your coriander and the juice of 1-2 lemons (depends how zingy you like it?)
- Whizz it up with a hand blender until it's super smooth and then add in your collagen, continue to whizz until blended
- Serve in big bowls with a handful of the snow pea sprouts and some steamed broccoli
Health Hack: Coriander is AMAZING for helping to remove impurities from the body!
Note: if certain things in this soup don't agree with you simply leave them out. This soup is also nice wit the addition of nutritional yeast