Gut-healing, skin health, protein made easy but you won’t find this in your regular cafe-style Acai Bowl…
It’s time to move over Acai bowls, we’ve got a new kid in town and this one is off the CHARTS when it comes to good health!
Introducing, the Gut-healing Jaffa Bowl…
This is no ordinary bowl and that’s because it has so many great health benefits such as the ability to help heal and soothe the gut, improve skin health so that it glows with radiant health, is an excellent source of amino acids (the building blocks to protein) so it’s great post-work out! But not only that, it helps to feed you joints, muscles and pretty much every tissue in your body.
How can it do all of this you may be sitting there scratching you head?
Well I’m glad you have this question because I want to briefly explain…
You see, we have added our Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen powder which is nothing but pure collagen from grass-fed cows and it contains 18 of the most important amino acids needed for good health. You’ve probably heard about amino acids and even collagen as they are getting lots of attention in the world of health at the moment and for very good reason!
Collagen is what you will find in bone broth and it has such a crucial role in the body. From about the age 0f 25-30 we start losing collagen at about 1% each year so that by the time we hit our 50’s we’ve lost half! This is why even many doctors are recommending to supplement with a high quality collagen supplement. You can help to guard against joint problems so that as you’re ageing you joints stay more supple and you can still do all the active things you love to do.
The way collagen works to help heal gut issues is because of certain amino acids it contains such as glycine. Glycine can be great for reducing inflammation. Collagen can also help to boost gastric juices and restore the integrity of the gut mucosa.
Who LOVES Collagen?
- Athletes: because it’s a great source of protein to help improve recovery and health of overused joints and great for muscle health
- Anti-ager’s: anyone who is concerned with premature ageing will LOVE collagen because it is known to rejuvenate skin, reduce wrinkles, smooth lines and plump up skin for a dewy, radiant glow!
- Mature people with joint issues: anyone who is having joint issues may enjoy the benefits to their joints.
- People with Gut issues: anyone who is suffering from gut issues such as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), Crohn’s disease and other gut problems may find relief with adding a high quality collagen powder to the diet.
What else Might it Be Good For?
- Boosting metabolism
- Supporting bone health
- Improving deeper sleep
- May help balance hormones
- Supporting digestion and satiety (fullness)
- Keeping inflammation in check
- Promoting healthy brain function
- Supporting the health of all organs and tissues
So as you can see, that’s a LOT of amazing benefits and why this is one supplement I won’t go without and why it is 100% in my TOP 10 supplements of all time. The beauty of this collagen powder (aside from it’s purity) is that it’s so versatile and easy to use and since it has no flavour or texture you can add it to so many dishes such as the one I’m about to share.
So without further ado, let’s get into this DeLiCiOuS recipe that will having you frothing at the mouth…
Gut-Healing Jaffa Bowl
What You’ll Need for Smoothie:
- Raw cacao 3 tbsp
- Coconut water/milk 1/4 -1/3 cup
- 1 avocado or 1 sapote fruit
- 1-2 medjool dates (optional)
- 4 lady finger/2 cavendish bananas
- 1 tsp of Perfect Coconut Oil
- Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen 2 scoops
- 1 tsp organic Matchinga powder
- 4 drops of food grade orange essential oil (I love DoTerra)
What You’ll Need for Topping:
- Chia seeds
- Coconut flakes (toasted is optional)
- Fresh/frozen blueberries or other berries
A Bowl to Put it In:
You can buy these awesome Coconut bowls here.
What to Do:
- In a good quality blender add your coconut water or milk then add in the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and then pour into your bowls (I bought these coconut bowls from CoconutBowls.com)
- Finish the look of your Jaffa bowl with the granola, berries, chia and coconut flakes
- EnJoy! ♥
Note: I always use organic ingredients where possible to ensure the highest nutrition and health benefits, but just do the best you can.