Why is Matcha Tea Powder So Popular?
Matcha Tea Powder - Superfood
A new superfood has been storming the market and making hype lately. In case you haven’t noticed, matcha shakes, ice cream, lattes, cakes, bubble teas and chocolates are a pretty big at the moment.
So what on god’s green earth is matcha? It’s the emerald coloured powdered form of green tea that is widely used in Japan for traditional tea ceremonies. It is made from nutrient-rich young leaves from Camellia Sinensis plants, stored in the shade before harvest and stemmed before it gets prepared.
It has an earthy refreshing taste – which is almost always a shortcut way to say that it is good for you!
Matcha vs. Green Tea
Like the traditional green tea (i.e the ones in tea bags), although this form can contain antioxidants, most of its benefits are not fully extracted by water, and can remain trapped in the leaf which is such a waste of all those nutrients and anti-ageing antioxidants.
The only way to take advantage fully of those nutrients is of course when we are able to consume the entire leaf, and no better way to do that than to enjoy a cup of matcha tea or use the powder in smoothies and other healthy recipes.
Since matcha is the grounded form of tea leaves, it brims with potential health benefits and it allows us to fully enjoy the green tea’s powerhouse of vitamins, nutrients and minerals.
Benefits of Matcha
Detoxifies our Bodies
The leaves that are to be made into matcha are kept in the shade 3 weeks prior to harvest. This process causes those leaves to produce a great amount of chlorophyll which makes matcha an excellent means to detox, as it can remove toxins and chemicals from our bodies. Can I get a HECK YES?
Toughens the Immune System
Matcha contains substantial amount of potassium, iron, protein, vitamins A and C, and calcium. Also it’s been found that the catechins in matcha have antibacterial properties that can promote overall health.
Studies show that a population that consumed matcha has higher levels of good cholesterol, and is 11% less likely to develop heart disease.
Aids in Weight Loss
Studies showed that catechins found in matcha has been able to improve body mass index, waist circumference, body fat mass, and subcutaneous fat area, therefore it is an awesome way to reduce obesity.
High in Antioxidants
Matcha is one antioxidant powerhouse that the health conscious person shouldn’t miss! It has properties that fight against the negative effect of UV radiation, and prevents a number of diseases. Also, its health benefits are equal to that of 10 cups of traditional brewed green tea. Wait there’s more – one cup of matcha is equal to 5 times more antioxidant than any other food.
Ways to Use Matcha
Not only is matcha a nutrient and antioxidant powerhouse, there are also several ways to enjoy it!
- Matcha Tea – It is the most traditional way to enjoy matcha. Just combine 1-2 teaspoon of matcha with hot water, stir and enjoy. Add a little lemon of you like or even a touch of Cayenne pepper? Personally, I just like it straight up!
- Mix it in oatmeal or granola – Just stir a teaspoon to these breakfast treats, and you’re good to go.
- Green Smoothie – In a blender, you can add choice of fruits such as frozen or fresh mango, MCT oil, 12/ avocado, ice and some collagen powder or plant protein and you’re out the door! [See my recent YouTube video below] that contains the Perfect Matchinga (Perfect Supplements very own green superfood blend of Organic Matcha and Organic Moringa powders). The Green smoothie combinations are only limited by your imagination.
- Matcha Latte – Spice up your usual latte and use matcha powder instead. Mix 1 tsp of matcha with hot water, and then add steamed milk of your choice.
- Baked Goods/Cheesecakes – Just add 2 to 4 tsp of matcha powder to your usual cake batter, bread dough, cheesecake mix, or cookie dough before tossing it to the oven for added antioxidants
- Matcha Ice Cream – Sprinkle and mix 2 tsp matcha powder to your fave ice cream or to frozen yogurt.
The choice is endless really, these are just some samples on how we can enjoy matcha apart from drinking it as a plain tea. You can practically add it to anything! Therefore it is very easy to start a healthy eating habit with this new antioxidant powerhouse.
Click Below to Watch My Video to Find Out How Perfect Supplements Have Combined Matcha with Another Amazing Superfood...
Moringa to make a WORLD First Product!