The Healing Benefits of Turmeric
The Powerhouse Spice You Need in Your Life!
Turmeric as we all know is a popular spice in India and parts of Asia and it’s also a powerful herb used by many around the world. It can potentially reverse disease and has a number of impressive healing benefits. There are over 9,000 medical and clinical researches done on turmeric and almost 95% claims that turmeric has positive effects to one’s health.
Turmeric is part of the ginger family and it is responsible for the yellowish colour found on curry dishes. Its distinguishing healing compound known as curcumin (a curcuminoid) is a chemical that gives off its yellow hue, a natural plant that contains antioxidants. Turmeric is safe and effective to use and its health benefits cover a wide range of health related issues such as the following:
- Turmeric is known for its effectivity in reducing depression symptoms and in stabilising a person’s mood. A number of research trials on humans have proven the effectiveness of turmeric in reducing depression symptoms. The good news is that turmeric is safe to use and well tolerated by patients unlike medicines.
- In September 2014, Life Sciences did a study on turmeric properties and it turned out that it can hasten wound healing. Turmeric acts as a natural wound healing agent. Its antioxidant properties helps a lot in the healing process. Using curcumin from turmeric shows how it can reduce platelet aggregation and can possibly decrease clot formation.
- Are you in pain? I’m not talking about a heartache but a discomfort you may suffering from for a long time or just recently. Did you know that turmeric can provide relief, can ease pain and discomfort? It can give relief specifically to any joint or knee pain. The next time you feel pain, make sure you get a dose of your turmeric. No need for placebo!
- Want a younger looking skin? Turmeric does not only provide healing internally... would you change your mind about turmeric if you find out that it can be highly beneficial for your skin health? Yes it is! Turmeric is an excellent skin nurturer. It gives skin the glow it needs, can treat multiple skin conditions including acne, acne scarring, psoriasis and as mentioned before it speeds up wound healing.
- Turmeric plays a role in normalising the blood sugar level. A study made in November 2014 as released by the Journal of Endocrinology showed the promising effects of curcumin on the beta cells (insulin producing cells) within the pancreas. It is anti hyperglycemic and acts as insulin sensitisers.
- Turmeric also helps in maintaining healthy and normal lipid levels. It’s good to know how this spice can be added to food and drink easily and benefit from its ability to balance and normalise lipid levels in the body naturally. It is safe to use and has low side effects.
- Another one turmeric’s healing benefits is its ability to protect the stomach against damage (inflammation, acidity etc.) How powerful turmeric is that even stomach issues can be resolved.
Did you know that the compound piperine (found in black pepper) can help turmeric become 2000 times more bioavailable? So next time you decide to add turmeric to your food be sure to also add a little black pepper to increase it's bioavailability and health-boosting benefits.
Just a recap on the healing benefits of turmeric:
- It reduces the risk of clot formation
- It helps manage depression and improve mood
- Anti inflammatory
- Good for the skin
- Anti cancer
- Reduce weight gain
- Therapeutic for Type 2 Diabetes
- Reduce cholesterol level
- Pain relief