How to Lose Weight Fast
Losing weight is not all about working out as hard as you can, to a number of people this is the best way to drop the pounds and keep them off. It’s easy to run to the nearest treadmill to sweat out and burn calories as quickly as possible before indulging yourself into another food temptation trap.
Why worry about eating a lot when you can actually lose weight when you eat more colourful fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. Fruits and vegetables must be included in your diet, they are naturally good for your health because they contain vitamins and minerals that can protect your body against diseases.
Benefits of Eating Fruits and Vegetables
A person should eat at least five pieces of fruits and vegetables each day with different colours and varieties (more veggies and less fruit though).
Here’s my top ten reasons to eat more fruits and veggies:
- Most fruits and veggies are nutrient dense which means that they’re lower in calories but high in essential nutrients. You can indulge yourself eating as much as you like of them without that guilt feeling you get from junk food. However, again choose veggies more often than fruits as fruits are high in fructose (sugar) and opt to eat fruits only in the morning.
- They are rich in fibre and can make you feel fuller for a longer period of time and can keep your digestive system happy.
- It can reduce the risk of many diseases including heart disease, high blood pressure and some cancers.
- Fruits and veggies have many vitamins and minerals that can protect your health and provide the energy that you need everyday.
- It’s fun to eat and easy to grab for snack anytime and anywhere (think carrot, celery and capsicum sticks and bananas, apples, pears and mandarins).
- Eating fruits and vegetables is so convenient and nutritious whether you consume it fresh or dried (though do be mindful that dried fruits are higher in calories so go easy!
- You can always make a new recipe or try old ones available online or from a recipe book to get a tasty and healthy meal everyday.
- Folate (folic acid) found in fruits and vegetables is beneficial for pregnant women to reduce the risk of neural tube defects (such as spina bifida) during fetal development.
- It also has Vitamin C effective for wound healing, aids in iron absorption and keeps teeth and gums healthy.
Fruits and Vegetables Rich in Vitamin C are the Following
- Dark Green Leafy Vegetables (Kale)
- Berries (Strawberries)
- Citrus Fruits (Oranges)
- Acerola Cherry
Other Natural Ways to Lose Weight
- Avoid processed foods because they are high in sugar, fats and calories.
- Drinking at least 0.5 litres or 17 oz. of water will help increase the calories that the body burns and is a good way to lose weight as opposed to drinking carbonated beverages. Soft drinks and artificial juices are bad for the health because they can increase a person’s risk of becoming obese.
- For coffee lovers, i recommend replacing your usual coffee for green coffee. Green Coffee Bean Extract contains a powerful antioxidant called Chlorogenic Acid. Research suggests that the Chlorogenic Acid found in Green Coffee Bean Extract may help people lose weight, lower their blood pressure, and benefit diabetes.
- Train your body to eat food in small portions and preferable in a small plate. It helps you eat less by giving you the perception that you already ate too much..
- Eat slowly and take time to enjoy your food. When you eat fast, you don’t realise you’re already full until after 20 minutes because it takes about this time for chemicals to reach the brain and convey the message of fullness.
- Coconut oil can be used as replacement for unhealthy fat sources in your food. It can boost the metabolism while helping you eat fewer calories..
- Sleep is very important if you want to lose weight or prevent possible weight gain. Those who are sleep deprived have 55% chance of becoming obese than those who get enough rest and sleep. Sleep deprivation can lead to poor appetite.
- Lastly, it is important that you are mindful of what you eat. It increases a person’s awareness of food choices made and is proven effective in losing weight and correcting eating behaviour such as stress and binge eating.
*Disclaimer: the information in this article is intended purely as information and not health advice. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure and one should always seek expert advice from their trusted health practitioner.