Cherry Ripe Collagen Bowls
Cherry ripe collagen bowls? What? Now I’m not sure if you’re aware or not of why on earth I would add collagen to a delicious smoothie bowl such as this? You may think that’s very strange OR… You are right into taking collagen as a supplement in your daily smoothie and for that I commend you. However, if you aren’t aware of the amazing possible benefits of taking collagen internally I am here to help you understand.
First up, it’s important to mention that as we are ageing (past age 30 basically), we lose around 1% of collagen production each year so adding collagen to our daily regime and our foods can really help your body, tissues, organs and joints as you do age.
Taking collagen can help with the following areas:
- Plump up skin for a more youthful glow
- Help to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles
- Help to repair gut issues
- Assist in injury healing
- Keep inflammation in check
- Build and restore muscle
- Aid as a great source of dairy-free protein (smoothies etc.)
- Promote healthy brain function
- Aid in better sleep
So as you can see, that’s some pretty awesome benefits right there that you too could be enjoying, no matter what age! And this is why I add collagen to some of my dishes and why I want to share them with you today. ♥
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and if you’d like to grab your hydrolyzed collagen (the one I use and recommend) you can click here and it will take you to the page where you can learn more about why the Perfect hydrolyzed collagen powder is by far superior in quality and absorbability than others on the market. You can also find the shop link here.
They taste as good as they look and are simple to make! All you really need is a good blender or food processor (I prefer a food processor).
- 1 cup of cherries
- 1 scoop of Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen
- 4 tbsp raw cacao
- 2-4 medjool dates
- 1 tsp Perfect Coconut oil
- 5 large frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Buckwheat grouts (optional)
- Ice cubes (optional)
What to do:
- Make sure to freeze your bananas the night before or this recipe won’t work
- To your blender or processor, add all of your ingredients (except for buckwheat) and process until smooth. you might like to add in some ice cubes?
- Serve in bowls and top with shredded coconut, cherries and buckwheat if desired.
Where’d I get these Cool Bowls from?
These are just coconut shells and I bought them online from Coco bowls. You can find them at coco bowls.