Hey there my health-seeking friend!
Today I'm really excited to be sharing with you a recipe I recently created and it's something I just know you're gonna lovvvvvve! 😍
I know you'll love it because it's delicious but also because of how it can make you feel. I know personally, when I add this to my salads it gives me an instant boost of energy and mental clarity.
So if you hadn't already guess by the title of the recipe, this dressing contains Perfect Organic MCT oil. New to hearing about MCT? Well let me briefly explain what it is and how it can benefit you...
MCT stands for 'Medium Chain Triglycerides' are a very healthy fat that your body needs to be and stay healthy! These fatty acids are unique from other fatty acids as they bypass the digestive system and get promptly processed by the liver that leads to a quick boost of energy for your body and brain (LOVE THAT!). That's why you can feel so good after taking MCT.
So what are some other potential benefits to using an MCT oil in your food?
That is a great question, I'm so glad you asked! There are many great potential* benefits to adding MCT to our diet such as:
- Increase Energy Levels*
- Improve Mental Clarity, Reduce Brain Fog*
- Improve Mood*
- Improve Gut Function and Digestion*
- Support a Healthy Metabolism*
- Aid In The Process of Reducing Stored Body Fat*
- Promote Healthy Brain Function*
- Keep Excess Inflammation in Check*
- Promote Healthy Heart Function*
- Helps Maintain Healthy Blood Sugar Levels*
- Variety of antimicrobial and anti-fungal effects*
So as you can see, that is a LOT!
Ok, now to get to the part of this blog you've been scrolling for...
MCT Chilli & Lime Dressing
2 juicy limes
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp palm or brown sugar or equivalent of stevia powder
2 long red chillies chopped fine
2 tbsp Perfect Organic MCT oil
- Chop up your chillies until fine (or do what I do and cheat by putting everything into a blender) ;)
- Add the chilli to a bowl and then the other ingredients except for the oil
- Gradually add the oil in while constantly whisking vigorously the dressing
- Store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge or use right away! The dressing should last about 3-4 days in the fridge, maybe longer?
This dressing would go nice on the Thai salad recipe I'm about to also share here in this blog but also over grilled/baked fish.
Thai Mango Salad (with your chosen protein)
- Salad leaves
- Green or ripe mango x 1
- Carrot x 1
- Red cabbage 1/4
- Shallots x 2 (the french ones that look like brown onions)
- Edamame beans 1 cup
- Fresh mint handful
- Fresh basil handful
- White sesame seeds
- Chosen protein source (I used BBQ chicken)
- Wash you salad leaves and dry (I love my Zyliss Salad spinner for washing and drying my salad leaves and green leafy veggies!)
- Add the leaves to a large salad bowl
- Grate/finely shred or julienne your carrot and cabbage and add into the bowl
- Slice the shallots finely and add to the MCT Chilli & Lime dressing to marinate (this is worth it!)
- Add the edamame beans (can find in freezer section in supermarket) so you may need to defrost them by adding to some boiling water just enough so they defrost but don't cook them because it will ruin them!
- Chop up your herbs roughly and add to salad
- Shred your BBQ chicken if that's what you're using or fish/prawns works well too! If you're a vegetarian or vegan add in some fried tofu or tempeh
- Drizzle the MCT Chilli & Lime dressing and toss the salad well
- Serve immediately!
- EnJOY 🤤
I hope you enjoyed today's recipe and more importantly, you get to try these recipes. Be sure to let us know by leaving a comment below and subscribe to our YouTube channel for some great healthy wholesome and nourishing recipes!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Always consult your health care professional before starting a course of any supplementation.