This is a Green Smoothie to be reckoned with 😄
Whether you are new to green smoothies or you’ve been around the block a few times and tried many different concoctions, this particular green smoothie will probably be a nice surprise..? I personally, have been a fan of green smoothies for at least ten years (before they became cool hehe) and must have come up with hundreds of different green smoothie recipes (not all of them successful I must say! But I have nailed a few flavour combos. and this is definitely one of them so give this recipe a go and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.
What you will need
- Coconut water
- Lots of Ice
- Perfect Organic Spirulina powder 1 heaped tbsp
- Medjool dates x 3-4
- Avocado (optional)
- Desiccated coconut (organic)
- Passionfruit x 1
- Coconut oil 1 tsp
- Perfect Fermented Kale Powder 1 -2 scoops
- 1-2 oranges
For a protein, gut & skin radiance boost, add in a scoop of Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen powder! 🙋🏼♀️
What to do:
Well, this is easy, just throw everything into the blender and enjoy!
What are the Health benefits of this?
Green smoothies in general pack a massive nutritional punch and this one is no exception! There are so many benefits from drinking this because there are so many nutrient-dense ingredients that will keep you charged up and full of energy so that you can be on top of your game. To help you better understand, we’ve compiled a list of some of the benefits below:
- Coconut water – Coconut water is not just some crazy new health fad, it is actually packed full of goodness such as healthy electrolytes which your body needs (especially during and after vigorous exercise). Some are calling it ‘Mother Nature’s Powerade’ because it helps to keep you hydrated and contains no cholesterol or calories. It also contains nutrients such as ascorbic acid, B vitamins, boron, iodine, manganese, molybdenum, selenium, sulphur and zinc. Always choose the pure stuff that has nothing else added and if you can get organic coconut water then it’s even better as the soil it’s been grown in is alive with goodness and chemical-free.🥥 💧
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is another food they are calling ‘super’. The reason that some foods get this label is that they can be beneficial to our health in so many ways. Coconut oil is high in fat but it’s the good kind; the kind your body actually needs, so don’t be shy to eat this stuff by the spoonful – it can actually help you to lose/maintain weight because it helps the body burn fat. These healthy fats are also very good for the brain so they can help to prevent certain diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease. Eating Coconut oil can help to kill harmful pathogens inside of the body to keep infections at bay, not to mention the amount of energy it can give you. We mentioned that it’s good for preventing* brain diseases but it may also help to prevent heart disease.
- Spirulina – Spirulina is another food source that has been touted as a ‘superfood’ and with very good reason. This food contains a vast array of nutrients and can help to give you the extra ‘spring in your step’ that your regular diet might not be offering? It can help boost energy and stamina, prevent anaemia* as it contains iron and also vitamin B12. Taking spirulina on a regular basis can help reduce stress & anxiety, may be helpful for boosting sexual performance and also mood. Spirulina can help promote healthy sleep, strengthen immune function, mental performance and much more. Spirulina is great for vegetarians and vegans who are looking to get more nutrition in their diets. 🌱
- Avocado – We are throwing around the use of the word ‘superfood’ a lot today but this little creamy fruit (yes, it’s a fruit and not a veggie) is extremely worthy of this label also. To start off with, it’s loaded with essential fats, fibre and key nutrients. Eating avo’s can help support healthy blood pressure, heart health and weight loss. They are not only delicious but also great for metabolism, arthritis and healthy skin. Did you know that if you eat avocado alongside veggies, it can actually help your body to take in more antioxidants? How cool is that? Avocados are not just good for your eyes but they say that they may even prevent prostate cancer. 🥑
- Kale – last, but definitely not least we have kale! But we are not talking about fresh kale, oh no, we are talking about fermented kale and yes there is a HUGE difference. Let me briefly explain… Fresh kale contains something called oxalic acid and is you take in too much of this it can actually lead to kidney stones, thyroid problems and other issues. However, if we have it in the fermented form, the oxalic levels are safe and no harm can be done. The fermentation process also helps make kale much more digestible and better for our digestion. The fibre and nutrients in kale are known to be good for heart & immune health, weight loss, detoxification, slowing down the ageing process and much more. 🥬
Green smoothies make your skin glow with radiant health!
Enjoy and remember to leave your comment below (we’d sure appreciate it) 💜
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Therapeutic Goods Administration. These products are not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any disease. Please see your health practitioner for medical advice.