It's not a question why organic whole food is better than food that is grown conventionally. It is nutritiously delicious and undoubtedly healthy. For foods to be considered organic, its ingredients must be at least 95% organically produced both from plants and animals. Organic sales are increasing each year as more and more people become aware of the health benefits organic food products can give them.
Here Are Ten Reasons Why Organic WholeFoods Is Better For You:
1. High Antioxidant Value
Fresh fruits and vegetables contain nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and enzymes beneficial for the health and can prevent cancer from developing. A 2012 study shows that organic foods are a much richer source of antioxidant compared to conventional food products.
2. Energy Booster
Organic foods are not exposed to chemicals or pesticides which can contribute to body weakness and weakening of organs. The more organic a food is the less chances of getting sick, and the risk of diseases and illnesses are small. Eat organic foods to help you have an active mind and body!
3. Better Taste
Organic food tastes better than any other food because of it’s freshness compared to one with artificial flavouring and preservatives. When you eat organic food, what you taste is what you get. You only have to taste a home-grown tomato over one you’ve bought from the supermarket to realise the difference.
4. Free from Genetically Modified Foods
Foods which are genetically modified have been proven harmful to a person’s health. Studies on rats show failure of the immune system to function normally, allergic reactions, malfunctioning of the reproductive system and more. If you want to protect your health, better eat organic food where ever you can possibly afford it.
5. Safe for Children and Babies
Research made by the Environmental Working Group (EWG) shows that pesticides in food can cross the placenta causing abnormalities or birth defects in unborn babies. Organic food will help keep the next generation healthy and strong
6. Completely Safe and Healthy
Organic food is completely safe to eat and healthy for the body. It increases the body’s consumption of vitamins, minerals and fatty acids.
7. Keeps Our Water Supply Clean
Water resources are at risk now due to chemicals which should not really be in the water. It comes from companies who improperly dispose of hazardous chemicals and contaminate drinking water too. Meanwhile, organic food farming keeps the water clean and uses less water.
8. Helps Protect Animals
In organic farming, animal welfare is the top priority. It protects animal habitats and organic livestock are treated better than non-organic livestock. Before buying organic livestock look for the animal welfare approved label.
9. Less Soil Erosion
Not too many are aware of soil erosion, however it is important that we know what this is and what it can cause our environment. Soil erosion causes flooding and drought and can promote air pollution. Organic farming is free from pesticides and promotes a healthy and safe environment.
A lot of people don’t buy organic food because it is costly. Yes, it does cost more than non-organic food but when you come to think of it, money doesn’t count when you want the best for you and your family. When people buy organic products often, sellers will be more considerate in meeting the demands and will eventually offer it at an affordable price.
When buying organic products, think about the word QUALITY and how it can give you a better life and a better future for you and your family’s health.
Natural Supplements and Their Importance
There’s been debate for quite sometime between health professionals as to whether or not supplementation is necessary.
Vitamins and minerals in supplements are meant to be found in food but due to modern agriculture–chemicals in soil (glyphosate), the natural vitamins and minerals are drastically reduced. This is the reason why supplements were made to ensure that our bodies get the right amount of vitamins and minerals for sustenance.
Reasons Why We Need Natural Supplements:
- Decreased nutrient content in food due to soil exhaustion.
- Modern fertilisers or superphosphate fertiliser have replaced manures (used as fertilisers for over a hundred years) and have decreased trace elements in our food.
- Pesticides make food toxic, decreases nutrients and can damage the soil.
- Food additives, artificial flavouring, enhancers, preservatives and other chemicals in our food can reduce the nutritional content and removes essential vitamins and minerals making the food toxic.
- Poor digestion and eating habits need supplements to help enhance the body’s ability to digest food properly and improve appetite.
- People nowadays are always in a hurry and forget to eat sometimes. A stressful lifestyle can worsen your body’s ability to absorb nutrients.
- Pregnant women need supplementation to cope up with her pregnant body’s demand and for her baby’s organs and body parts to fully develop.
- Toxic chemicals are everywhere and therefore we must give special attention to our health and the need for a highly nutritious supplement.
One must keep in mind that natural supplement is not a substitute to a healthy diet. A healthy lifestyle and diet still play a major role in supplementing to help replenish your body’s need for essential compounds. In choosing health supplements, it must be free from additives, fillers and flow agents.
To see our full range of Perfect Supplements - whole food and natural supplements that are free from all nasties (glyphosate, GMOs, additives, synthetic ingredients, fillers and more), click here.
*Disclaimer: the information in this article is intended purely as information and not health advice. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure and one should always seek expert advice from their trusted health practitioner.