Gut-healing Pumpkin Soup
Gut-healing seems to be on everyone’s lips and it’s due to the rise of gut issues we are suffering from. There are so many folks out there in pain and I get that because I have been a sufferer of IBS for many years and am on my own healing journey so I understand how you feel.
Because I know what it feels like to be sick I am passionate about helping others to find wellness, to feel better and have a higher quality of life. I know how crucial good health and wellbeing is. That is why I do what I do and I’m always creating new recipes that are not only nourishing to the body but also healing to the gut.
We do this by incorporating one of the most effective gut-healers around – collagen.
Hydrolyzed collagen has the ability to heal the gut lining and it has similar health benefits to bone broth as they are essentially very much the same thing.
Recently, I’ve been working on creating an app (it will be free so make sure you’re in our tribe to find out when that launches) that will have many gut-healing recipes on there and eventually there will be a cook book but the app will be great because it sits right there on your phone or tablet and you can easily access our nourishing, plant-based recipes. I say plant-based and not vegan because some of my recipes call for raw honey and other ones for collagen. My idea of plant-based is not as strict as maybe some folks idea of it so I apologise if I have this wring in your eyes, that is not my intention.
If you are a vegan, then perhaps some of my recipes won’t be for you but if you are more on the plant-based paleo side of things then no doubt you will LOVE these recipes and you should start to feel amazing if you’re incorporating them into your daily life.
As I sit here writing this, it is autumn here in Australia and the weather is starting to change. It’s getting cooler ever so slightly and I know that we will well and truly be in soup weather soon so I’m going to dedicate myself to creating a new soup recipe each week if I can. So stay tuned and follow me on Instagram stories where I share recipes and links to the videos.
So without further ado, I’d like to share my gut-healing pumpkin soup recipe with you. I hope you enjoy it!
Gut-healing Pumpkin Soup
- 1/2 pumpkin (I used jap)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 brown onion
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Coriander flakes or fresh 1 tsp
- Ginger 1 tsp fresh grated
- Perfect Collagen 2 scoops
- Atlantic dulse flakes 1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves x 2 (optional)
- Hemp oil 1 tsp
- Coconut oil for frying
- To save time you can roast your pumpkin the night before or you can do it fresh. I cut my pumpkin up into large pieces and roasted it in an oven on 190 degrees c for about 30 minutes.
- The next step is to dice your onion and garlic
- Add some coconut oil to your pan on a medium heat and then add in the onions
- Let this sautee until softened then add in your garlic, ginger and spices
- Add in your water then the cooked pumpkin (or fresh if you prefer? I believe that roasted pumpkin is much sweeter and gives a better result)
- Let this simmer for around 20 minutes and then add in the remaining ingredients (dulse, salt, collagen and coriander leaf)
- With a stick/hand blender whizz this up until smooth and creamy
- Serve in bowls with coconut yoghurt and fresh coriander
Enjoy and remember, sharing is caring ♥