Clean Vegan Nachos with Spirulina Guacamole
If you love eating clean, plant-based dishes that pack a punch in the flavour department but don’t have you feeling bloated and lethargic then you gotta try this yummy clean nachos dish.
I love Mexican food (well, let’s face it I like pretty much any food so long as it’s tasty) and have adapted the classic (heavy) version to suit a vegan or plant-based diet because I don’t really eat dairy much at all. I recently gave it up for a period of time but now I’ve decided not to be so strict with myself and put labels on what I am.
You could make a cashew sour creme to go on top (I didn’t do that here but have done so in the past). It’s really simple, you just soak a cup of raw cashews overnight and then adding them to a blender with the juice of 1 lemon, salt, 1 tsp nutritional yeast and a little water. You could add a bit of turmeric powder to make it pop even more.
The spirulina guacamole is what makes this dish come alive!
Clean Vegan Nachos
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tin organic kidney beans
- 1 tin organic black beans
- 1 large tin (800g) organic chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp garlic paste or fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- Cayenne pepper (to suit)
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp raw cacao
- Himalayan salt (to suit you)
- Fresh coriander
- Corn kernels 1/2 tin
- Jalapenos 1/2 jar (optional but amazing)
- 1 Lime
- 1 jar of organic sugar-free salsa (if you can find)
- 2 avocados
- 1 scoop Perfect Organic Spirulina Powder
- Coconut yoghurt
- Lemon x 1
- Coconut yoghurt
- In a pan, heat up 1 tbsp coconut oil on medium heat and add the diced brown onion. Sauté until translucent.
- Add in the spices, salt and then the diced tomatoes, let this simmer.
- Rinse and drain the beans and corn and add to the mix.
- Chop up the jalapeños and add these along with a nice handful of coriander leaves.
- While this simmers, make your gaucamole.
- Add your avocados to a blender along with the juice of 1 lemon, 1-2 tbsp coconut yoghurt, Perfect spirulina, a small handful of coriander, salt and blend until desired consistency, you make like it chunky, you may like it smooth?
- When the chilli is ready, assemble the corn chips and then add a good amount of the chilli to the corn chips then add a spoonful or two of the salsa.
- Finish off with your guacamole and cashew sour creme (if you had any that you pre-made) and fresh coriander.
Enjoy! and please leave a comment if you get a chance to make this, I’d love to know what you think and of course, share this blog with your friends