‘Is liver a superfood and is it good for our health?’
This is one of the questions people are often worried about. For centuries, our ancestors have consumed all the great edible parts of livestock. These days it’s not common to eat “nose to tail” and therefore, are often miss out of a lot of nutrition.
Grass-fed liver (including desiccated liver supplement), among all edible parts of animals, is one of the most nutrient-rich foods that you can use in your everyday diet.
Here is a list of some great and undeniable health benefits of consuming liver and why it should be a part of your diet.
The liver is a Great Source of Nutrients
The liver is extremely rich in nutrients that are quickly absorbed by the body. The major nutrients found in the liver are:
- Vitamin A: One of the most concentrated sources of natural vitamin A, a fat-soluble vitamin, is liver. It acts as a powerful antioxidant to help reduce inflammation and strengthen the immune system by improving the growth of white blood cells. Boosting eye and skin health, and bone strength are just other benefits of vitamin A.
- Iron: Being high in Iron, the liver is helpful for brain function, muscle function and hemoglobin formation- necessary for energy production in the body.
- Copper: Liver supplies copper to the body- crucial for metabolism process, and the production of collagen; connective tissue responsible for overall health.
- B vitamins: Liver is rich in B vitamins such as B2, B3, B5, B6, B9 that are significant for energy production, cellular growth and other vital functions in the body.
Liver also contains vitamin D3 and important minerals such as copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and selenium!
Liver Provides High-Quality Proteins
Taking between 1 to 3 servings of beef liver powder daily supplies 2.1 - 6.3 grams of high-quality protein to the body. High protein intake has been proven helpful for weight loss, reduce cravings and appetite. Moreover, high protein boosts metabolic function in the body and helps strengthen muscles.
Few Calories than other Meats
As compared to other meats, liver contains fewer calories. Check this out...
A 226g sirloin steak contains over 300 calories compared to 20 calories in a serving of Desiccated liver supplement!
Moreover, the liver contains a lesser amount of fats as well- 25% of its calories come from fats.
Great for People Watching Their Weight
Because taking a liver supplement is the lowest form of calories with the highest amount of nutrients, it just makes sense to choose a few simple liver capsules than to eat fresh liver or calorific meats!
Desiccated Liver is Nutritious
Desiccated liver supplements are made up of grass-fed animal organs, containing a wide range of vitamins, proteins, and minerals. If you don’t prefer the direct intake of fresh liver nor can you bare the thought, you can use grass-fed liver supplements with your routine meals for better health.
Dried liver, such as beef liver powder, has various potential benefits such as:
- Rich in B vitamins to keep you going throughout the day
- An excellent source of vitamin A needed for healthy vision
- An effective and quick usable form of iron so you feel energetic
- Provides high-quality protein to the body to help your muscles repair and grow
- Supplies Co10- a nutrient significant for the cardiovascular system for a healthy heart
You can take beef liver powder easily in various foods like smoothies, soups, and stews or add to your favourite chilli recipe or burger. If this isn’t your cup of tea, simply take a few easy capsules with a glass of juice or a smoothie every morning. Piece of cake!