The Healing Benefits of Custard Apples
Custard apples also known as sugar apple or sweetsop and it’s an amazing fruit packed with a variety of healthy benefits. Custard or cherimoyas is native in South America and grow in some parts of Asia. Consuming it on a daily basis can do wonders to your health.
A number of scientific studies provide proof that this small but powerful fruit can help in a number of areas of wellbeing; everything from losing weight, controlling inflammation, helping to reduce oxidative stress, treating diarrhoea and potentially help fight cancer.
Isn’t that good news? For years, scientists all over the world have been trying so hard to discover cures for certain illnesses such as cancer and heart disease. It’s funny how a small fruit that we sometimes take for granted has the power to prevent such nasty diseases.
There are still places in other countries that traditionally use custard apples as a natural remedy to health complaints and surprisingly for anything beauty related. What they do is they collect dried leaves of custard apples, boil and drink it straight away just like drinking a tea. Oh the wonders of nature!
It’s strong medicinal properties can provide relief from pain, cure minor injuries, heal wounds and can help lower the blood glucose levels in the body. Some call it as the New Superfruit of the 21st Century because it contains the following:
- Magnesium - equalises water in the body
- Dietary Fibre
- Vitamin C - helps fight free radicals
- Vitamin A - keeps the skin look healthy
Other health benefits are:
- Its antihyperglycemic property can lower blood glucose levels.
- It contains phytochemicals that are really good for the heart.
- It has anti-inflammatory abilities that can provide relief from pain.
- Serves as natural antibiotic. Bye bye bad bacteria!
- It has antioxidants that can make your skin look younger. You can now defy skin ageing from within.
- Healthy weight benefits as mentioned previously
- For pregnant women: it’s been said that eating custard apples can reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- Nursing mums can also enjoy the benefit in providing excellent milk production to their little one.
- Reduces cholesterol level and controls the blood pressure.
- It is rich in iron and can ward off anaemia.
Have a custard apple snack ready at all times! It tastes good, it’s sweet but you have nothing to worry about because it contains natural sugar making it tasty and great for dessert.
If you LOVE custard apples and Smoothies...
You will love my latest smoothie from my smoothie eBook - 'So Many Gut-healing Smoothies' be sure to download it by clicking on the image below.