Life-changing Nutty Granola (Gluten-free Dairy-free)
Life-changing nutty granola sounds like I’m being dramatic doesn’t it? Well this recipe came about through a fluke to be honest! I originally made these ingredients into muesli bars for my husband Jason but when I attempted to make them a second time, they totally flopped! LOL
When I took them out of the oven to cut into bars they just fell apart and I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry so I chose the latter and decided it wasn’t the end of the world, I could crumble it up and make it into granola, VOILA! It really worked well and I know it was good because Jason was my Guinea pig and he’s always really honest.
The mixture went really well with coconut yoghurt, in fact it was pretty darn delicious if I do say so myself? Ha!
For this life-changing nutty granola, the oats I used are the Gluten-free, uncontaminated oats (I get ’em from my local health food store, Wray Organic) but if you can’t find them in store then try online here. They are well worth it if you love oats but can’t have gluten in your life.
So if you’re ready for the granola that will change your life and make you excited to get out of bed in the morning you gotta try this recipe. If you’re vegan, you can substitute the honey for maple or rice malt syrup (try to avoid agave, it’s not good for you despite what some say). If you’re paleo, you could swap out the oats for buckwheat and puffed quinoa?
I love this granola and could eat it ’til the cows come home! I usually have it mid-morning after I’ve let my fruit digest (best not to mix fruit with grains, seeds etc. as this can cause issues with digestion and you may suffer flatulence or belly pain?)
So without further ado, here is the cereal that will change the way you feel about breakfast time. No longer do you have to endure that dry piece of toast! Fuel up instead on this life-changing nutty granola goodness…
Life-changing Gluten-free Nutty Granola
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup puffed millet*
- 1 cup organic uncontaminated GF oats
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- Handful of sesame seeds
- Handful pumpkin seeds
- Handful Chia seeds
- Raw honey* 1 cup
- Healthy peanut butter*
- Himalayan salt
*find these at your local health food shop or online.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180c
- In a large bowl, add your dry ingredients and combine
- In a sauce pan, add your honey or other sweetener and over a medium heat stir
- Add in a heaped tbsp of peanut butter* and stir until combined
- Drizzle this liquidy goodness over your dry ingredients and stir it all together until everything is all nice and coated
- In 2 large baking trays lined with baking paper, add in the granola mixture and pop into your oven for 10 mins and when golden, take out and stir then pop back in the oven to brown up some more
- When you’re happy with the colour of the granola, simply take it out and allow to cool
- Once cool, crumble up and store in an airtight container
- Serve with a big dollop of coconut yoghurt (if you’re dairy-free like me)
*if allergic to nut obviously you’d omit the peanut butter and macadamia nuts but I don’t need to tell you that
The post Life-changing Nutty Granola (Gluten-free Dairy-free) appeared first on Perfect Supplements Australia.