Gut-healing Super Greens Soup
If you adore hearty nourishing soups in the winter but you'd prefer them on the healthy side then today's recipe is for you!
Not only is the recipe gut-healing*
I created this recipe a few years back and have tweaked it until I came up with this version for you. It is absolutely delicious (and nutritious ha ha!) and a great way to sneak extra greens into everyone's diet.
*If you are sensitive to fermented products you may wish to omit the kale powder.
- Broccoli x 1 head
- Kohlrabi x 1
- Zucchini x 1
- Silver beet x 3 leaves
- Snap peas handful
- Fennel bulb x 1
- Bok choy 1 bunch
- leek x 1
- Turnips x 2
- Parsnip x 1 large
- Carrot x 1 large
- Coriander small bunch
- Garlic cloves x 2
- Lemons x 1-2
- Yeast-free stock cube x 1
- Water 4 litres
- Himalayan Salt
- Black Pepper
- Red quinoa 1/2 cup
- Perfect Coconut Oil
- Perfect Organic Fermented Kale Powder 1 scoop
- Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen 1 scoop
- Cook you quinoa and set aside. For a fluffy quinoa turn the heat right down and leave the lid on once it's almost cooked. You can tell when it's done because the little seeds pop right open.
- Wash all of your veggies well and chop up roughly starting with your harder veggies (carrot, parsnip, kohlrabi, turnips, broccoli stems and fennel)
- In a large pan, sweat off your leek and garlic in your chosen fat until translucent. Use a medium heat for this as you don't wanna create bitterness.
- Combine the water and stock cube in the pot and then add your hard veggies. Cook this on medium while you get on with juicing your lemon...
- After about 15-20 mins, add your zucchini, snap peas and the head of the broccoli. (the reason we do this is because some veggies have different cooking times.)
- In a separate pan I like to steam of the leafy greens to soften them
- Your soup should be on a really light simmer as to not overcook
- Add your coriander and the juice of 1-2 lemons (depends how zingy you like it?)
- Whizz it up with a hand blender until it's super smooth and then add in your collagen, continue to whizz until blended
- Serve in big bowls with a handful of the cooked quinoa and a sprig of coriander.
Health Hack: Coriander is AMAZING for helping to remove heavy metals from the body!
Note: if certain things in this soup don't agree with you simply leave them out. This soup is also nice wit the addition of nutritional yeast :)