Gut-healing Raspberry Porridge (with Cinnamon & Ginger)
Gut-healing raspberry porridge can you even believe it? Yep it sure has the potential to heal but make sure your oats are Gluten-free and uncontaminated from wheat. You can find them in selected health food shops but also online at GlutenFreeOats.com.au.
What makes this porridge so “gut-healing” I hear you ask? It’s the Perfect hydrolyzed collagen powder (collagen peptides). This product is known to encourage tissue repair thus helping with healing. Being someone who has suffered with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) most of my life, I’m often seeking ways to better improve my own gut health and this includes finding or at many times, creating recipes. These recipes have the potential to heal the gut lining and not cause harm or irritation but as mentioned earlier, it’s vital to use gluten-free oats or they could be contaminated by wheat and wheat is a known irritant to the gut.
This recipe only just came about recently when I was in one of my creative moods. I looked in my freezer and found some frozen raspberries, medjool dates in the fridge and bananas hanging out in a fruit bowl. The recipe started to take shape…
Adding the collagen powder was a given! The essential oils of cinnamon and ginger were last minute but I’m glad I did. If you’re not a fan of these you can leave them out but if you like either, then give it a try, it takes the porridge to the next level! If you don’t have a doTERRA essential oils account, you can sign up here to receive 25% off retail. If you need help signing up contact me here.
So if you’re ready to experience porridge on another level you might want to take screen shot of the following recipe or paste it onto your phone/tablet?
Gut-Healing Raspberry, Cinnamon & Ginger Porridge
- 2 cups organic GF oats
- 4 cups filtered water
- Almond/coconut milk 1/4 cup
- Bananas x 2*
- 1 Tsp raw honey
medjool dates x 3 chopped
- Handful frozen raspberries*
- 2 scoops Perfect Hydrolyzed collagen powder
- Hemp oil*
- Coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 drop doTERRA cinnamon essential oil*
- 1 drop doTERRA ginger essential oil*
* Try to use organic ingredients where possible for maximum health and healing benefits.
*To grab your doTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential oils you can sign up for your wholesale account here.
- Soak your oats in filtered water overnight to make them even more digestible
- The following morning, cook your oats in the 4 cups of water, you may or may not need to add more water or ‘milk’ as you go along?
- When they look like they’re starting to cook more (they start to look creamy), add in the chopped dates and raspberries (remember to save some berries for garnish!)
- Stir this well and then add in the essential oils. If you don’t have the oils (which I highly recommend due to their powerful therapeutic benefits), you could use powdered ginger and cinnamon
- While the porridge is still on the semi-runny side, add in the collagen and stir well until dissolved
- Serve in 2 bowls with the fresh banana, raspberries, flaked coconut, raw honey, milk and hemp oil
This recipe is Dairy-free, gluten-free and serves 2. Double the ingredients to serve 4.
The post Gut-healing Raspberry Porridge (with Cinnamon & Ginger) appeared first on Perfect Supplements Australia.