Gut-healing Coconut & Vanilla Panna Cotta with Balsamic Strawberries
Often I get asked the question of how on earth to use the Perfect Bovine Gelatin powder and sometimes I feel perhaps people may get this mixed up/confused with the Perfect Hydrolyzed collagen? These are very different products for sure!
I understand how it could be confusing as they both contain the word "collagen" in their description but gelatin is gelatin and hydrolyzed collagen is collagen peptides and the way they are used is very different indeed!
Gelatin is used to make things like jelly, trifles, gummy bears and panna cotta and Hydrolyzed collagen is more of a protein supplement that can pretty much be added to anything! (soups, curries, smoothies, smoothie bowls, dips, dressings, scrambled eggs, pancakes, cakes, biscuits, breads, chia puddings, desserts and so much more!)
If you have landed on this recipe you are more than likely after a recipe that contains the gelatin so I really hope you enjoy this one - it's my Gut-healing Coconut & Vanilla Panna Cotta with Balsamic Strawberries and it is to LIVE for! ;)
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 tin coconut cream
- 2 tbsp Perfect Gelatin
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence/paste or powder
- Punnet strawberries
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (I chose organic ingredients but get choose what suits you)
- In a bowl, add the coconut milk + cream
- Add the Gelatin by sprinkling over the coconut milk & cream let sit for 5 mins and let go crinkle
- Add this to a saucepan and on a low heat whisk vigorously until well-dissolved for about 4 Mins
- Add this to greased ramekins (use coconut oil)
- Pop some cling wrap over and refrigerate for 4+ hours
- Get your Balsamic strawberries ready but halving or quartering the strawberries then drizzle over the balsamic and 2 tbsp maple syrup
- When the panna cotta has set use a butter knife around the sides to loosen the dessert and tip upside down onto a plate
- Top off with the strawberries and a sprig of mint
Voila! Pretty simple hey?
If you liked today's recipe please leave us a comment and please share this recipe link on your Facebook page to help us on our mission to get more Aussies healthier!