Gut-healing Cherry & Coconut Trifles (dairy and gluten free)
Hey Health Seeker,
Welcome back to another delicious gut-healing recipe!
We hope you enjoy my gut-healing Cherry & Coconut Trifles... they are getting the thumbs up from everyone who has tried them so far.
The full recipe is as follows:
You will make this in stages...
STAGE #1: The Meringue 'fingers'
(omit these if you're staying away from refined sugar)
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- In a clean, dry bowl whip your egg whites with a hand blender until starts to thicken up then gradually add in the sugar...
- Once it has formed peaks add in your vinegar and whip for another 10 seconds
- On a couple of lined baking trays, spoon out the mixture and form 'fingers'. Don't worry if they look rough, in fact, the rougher the better!
- Pop into a pre-heated oven at 150c for about an hour...
- When done open the door for a moment to let the major heat out then close oven and leave in there overnight.
STAGE #2: The Gut-healing Apple & Raspberry Jelly
- 6 Red Delicious or other nice juicing apples
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries (most supermarkets have)
- 3 tsp Perfect Bovine Gelatin (link below)
- Juice the apples then add the juice and raspberries to a blender and blend until smooth
- Strain this through a fine sieve to remove the seeds
- Pour into a small saucepan and bring to boil
- Once bought to boil take off stove
- Add the gelatin by evenly sprinkling on top of heated juice
- Let the gelatin "bloom" (absorb and crinkle up) for 5 mins
- After 5 mins take a whisk and whisk until all gelatin completely dissolved
- Pour evenly into glasses, cover with cling film and pop into fridge overnight
STAGE #3: Rosewater & Vanilla Coconut 'Cream'
- 1 small tub of coconut yoghurt (500g) a thicker one is best!
- 5 tsp rosewater
- 1 tsp vanilla paste/powder/extract or essence
- 1 tbsp raw honey/maple syrup
- In a clean dry glass bowl, whip all ingredients until light and fluffy looking, store covered in fridge until ready to assemble...
STAGE #4: Cherries
- 200-250g fresh cherries
- Pit a handful of cherries and save some whole ones for garnish!
STAGE #5: Assemble
- So the next day once your jelly is set, take them out of the fridge and layer meringue by tearing apart into uneven bits (rustic is the key)
- Add a layer of meringue then a layer of 'cream' some pitted cherries
- Repeat this process
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon then garnish with a few whole cherries (pref with stems still)
We hope you liked this recipe and more importantly, get to make it because this dessert will change your world! Not only does it have some pretty cool potential health benefits but is delicious without being to sweet, too rich and it won't leave you feeling all bloated and in a food coma! :)