Gut-healing Aussie Popsicles
Hey Health seeker (from one seeker to another)...
Today I'm happy to share with you this Australian-inspired recipe that came to me recently when thinking about what content to create for Australia Day; Gut-healing Aussie Popsicles...
While I realise this term may offend some folks please know that is not my intention and I apologise if it does.
But I'm not here to get into that, I am simply here to share great recipes and recipes that are not only delicious but also highly nutritious! :-)
So the two colours that spring to mind when thinking about this beautiful country are green and gold! The green represents our natural environment and all of the green beauty that surrounds us and the yellow represents the sun that shines strongly here (so always practice sun smart!;)
The sun/gold part of this popsicle is made from fresh juicy QLD pineapple juice, fresh lemon juice, fresh turmeric (to give it even more pop and healthy anti-inflam. benefits) and Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen for it's potential gut/skin/hair/nails/muscles/joints/bone benefits!
The weather here at the moment as I write this blog is super hot so eating popsicles is a great way to help cool down and sneak into more nutrition!
So without making you sit there and melt for another second, here is the recipe...
Gut-healing Aussie Popsicles
- 2 ripe medium-sized pineapples
- 1 lemon
- Knob of fresh turmeric root
- 2 scoops Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Pure coconut water
- 1 scoop Perfect Organic Spirulina
- 1 scoop Perfect Organic Matchinga Powder (Matcha & Moringa)
- Start with the yellow layer by juicing the pineapples, lemon and turmeric
- Add this to a blender with 2 scoops of Perfect Hydrolyzed Collagen and whizz for a few seconds or simply stir/whisk the juice and powder. It's important not to over-blend or it will create air bubbles
- Pour this juice into your popsicle mould about half way or a little more if you like a more sweet popsicle
- Pop some cling wrap over this or the lid of the moulds and put into the freezer for about 3 hours
- Come back after this time and make the green layer by adding the coconut water to your blender jug and add 1 scoop of both the Perfect Organic Spirulina and Perfect Organic Matchinga
- Blend until well combined but again, not for too long or it will make air bubbles!
- Take the moulds out of the freezer and add this green liquid on top of the yellow layer and pop your popsicle sticks in
- Put this back into the freezer and leave overnight
- Take out the next day and run the base of the mould under hot water then gently squeeze the bottom of the mould and slowly remove them one by one
- Store in lined storage container (I used baking paper)
I really hope these help to cool you and your loved ones down this summer and please let us know what you thought of them, and the little people in your life. We LOVE hearing from you so go ahead and reply to this blog post.
We are also on Social media, so check out and subscribe to our YouTube channel for great Vlog recipes and much more!
And if you wanna get to know me more, I frequently share tips, recipes, health info, product info and much more on Instagram stories so be sure to follow our page.
PS - if you'd like the recipe for my Collagen Spelt Lamingtons you can find it here.