Coconut oil or Cocos Nucifera has become a household name due to its numerous benefits; ranging from a dietary ingredient to a beauty and health aid. The fat in coconut oil contains 50 percent of lauric acid making coconut oil the greatest source of lauric acid. Lauric acid is effective in treating colds and flu, warts, bronchitis, yeast and intestinal infections. Manufacturers have included coconut oil as an ingredient for shampoo, soap and other beauty products. It is indeed a miracle worker both internally and externally.
A few years back, coconut oil rose to popularity and became the ultimate trend in health and wellness. However, the use of coconut oil has been practiced for thousands of years in tropical regions around the world. It was only recently when scientists and researchers found out of it’s amazing uses for the health aside from its nutritional content. The coconut oil comes from the coconut tree considered to be the “Tree of Life” around the world. This tree grows specifically in Indonesia, India, Philippines and other Asian countries. Coconut isn’t considered a nut rather a drupe highly similar to dates, olives and mangoes. It is rich in nutrient and fibre, vitamins and minerals and considered as “functional food” for its healthy benefits.
During world war II, the coconut water was used as sterile hydration to wounded soldiers. It was injected directly to the veins for electrolyte balance. Coconut is rich in natural sugars and amino acids essential for hydration.
Coconut oil contains medium chain fatty acids (MCFAs) which can be easily digested and immediately converted by the liver into energy instead of a fat. This can be added to your food and drinks like coffee or tea as sweetener. People around the world have used coconut oil for its valuable source as food and effectivity in medicine.
Coconut oil is considered as the healthiest oil that ever existed.
Coconut oil is a miracle worker and have the following amazing benefits:
- It may boost the energy levels and endurance and can improve physical performance especially in athletes.
- It enhances digestion and nutrients absorption.
- It can help reduce inflammation.
- Acts as nutritional source of energy.
- It is non-toxic to the body.
- It has no known side effects or discomforts.
- Can be used as hair conditioner and dandruff controller.
- It may help prevent liver disorders.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Protects the body against free radicals which can damage and promote ageing and degeneration.
- Softens skin and relieves dryness.
- Relieves stress on the different organs in the body.
- Protects the bones and improves calcium and magnesium absorption.
- Relieves symptoms of chronic fatigue and stress.
- Improves insulin secretion.