Chocolate Quinoa Porridge
Looking for gluten and dairy-free breakfast alternatives? Or maybe you’re a chocoholic like me
This Chocolate quinoa porridge is so easy and quick to make and the better quality (see image below of the one that I use and recommend). The Power Super Foods Gold cacao is honestly the best I’ve ever used! It’s darker and much more chocolately so it really satisfies.
- 1 cup Quinoa (activated)
- Tin organic coconut milk
- Cinnamon (pinch of)
- Raw cacao 2 tsbp
- Flaked toasted coconut to serve
- Organic blueberries to serve
- Rice malt syrup 1 tbsp
- Firstly before you get too excited, you’ll have to soak your quinoa to activate it and get rid of the saponins (otherwise it can be irritating to some guts). Rinse the quinoa well and then add to a bowl and cover with filtered water and soak overnight.
- When you wake up the next day, rinse the quinoa well (you’ll notice all the yuck that comes from it and you will see that it has started to sprout (this is a very good thing!)
- Cook your quinoa in 2 cups of filtered water on a medium to high heat for around 12 mins. When it starts opening up then put a lid on for the last few mins and turn the heat off. This will allow it to go fluffy.
- Add a tin of coconut milk, the cinnamon, cacao and rice malt syrup and stir until completely warm (do this on a medium heat).
- Serve in bowls and dress with the flaked coconut and berries, you may even want to add a tbsp of coconut yogurt and some cacao nibs for extra decadence
Hope you liked this recipe today and even better, I hope you get to make and enjoy it! It’s a winner in this house ♥